Some Useful Links for Biological Crystallographers!
Links to European Data Collection Facilities, and some other related links!
Programs for X-ray Data Processing
Structure Determination, Refinement and Automatic Model Building
- Tutorials, MAD phasing and more
- Bernhard Rupp's very useful site
- Simon's Crystallography Toolbox
(search PDB for structures with similar unit cells)
- Coordinate transformation tool (inter-convert fractional and orthogonal coordinates online)
- Convert CIF to PDB online
- Contaminer (identify crystallisation contaminants)
(sequence independent molecular replacement)
Interactive Molecular Graphics
Making Figures and Movies
Image Manipulation and other useful links!
- The Gimp
- Vim - the editor
- Dose-response curves and enzyme kinetics
- Alternative site for dose-response curves and enzyme kinetics
- Michaelis Menten Plotly Tool
Simple General Crystallographic Calculator
Academic Protein Crystallography Groups in the UK
- Cambridge MRC
- Cambridge Wellcome Labs
- Cambridge Biochemistry
- Cardiff Medicine
- London Birkbeck/UCL
- London Crick Institute
- London ICR
- London Imperial Structural Biology
- London Kings
- London UCL Medicine
- London Queen Mary
- Manchester (Life Sciences)
- Norwich John Innes
- Norwich UEA
- Oxford Wellcome Lab
- St Andrews
Suppliers of Crystallisation Kits, Teaching Aids, X-ray
Equipment and Services
- Technology Networks
- Molecular Dimensions
- Oxford Cryosystems
- Oxford Diffraction (Rigaku)
- Hampton Research
- Jena Bioscience
Bioinformatics links for sequence alignment, secondary structure prediction, modelling, threading and visualisation.
- European Bioinformatics Institute - structure deposition and retrieval
- ExPASy (Swiss-model and Swiss-pdb-viewer)
Databases and deposition.
Each year the BSG organises sessions at the BCA Spring
meeting, organises a 1 day winter meeting and supports a
protein crystallography summer school.
Contact the BSG
Please e-mail the group secretary if you would like to contact the BSG committee.
Based on a template by lazar from Open Source Web Design