BSG Early Career Prize
The BSG will award a prize to someone who has had an impact in the field of Structural Biology (with an emphasis on crystallography) and recently obtained a personal fellowship, a lectureship or equivalent. The award is presented at the BCA Spring Meeting and the recipient gives a prize lecture at that meeting. Please send nominations at any time to the BSG Secretary.
Past recipients of the BSG ECP are:
- 2022 Dr Andrea Thorn, Hamburg.
- 2020 Dr Briony Yorke, Bradford.
- 2019 Dr Paul Elliott, Oxford.
- 2018 Dr Vidya Darbari, QMUL.
- 2017 Dr Atlanta Cook, Edinburgh.
- 2016 Dr Matt Gold, UCL.
- 2015 Dr Simon Newstead, Oxford.
- 2014 Dr Simon Kolstoe, Portsmouth.
BSG David Blow Poster Prize
The prize is awarded annually to the best poster presented at the BCA Spring Meeting. The trophy comprises a piece of Blue John crystal mounted on an oak plinth, both items being donated by Peter Harrison, the owner of the Treak Cliff Cavern at Castletown. Full details of the prize and it's history can be found here. The poster prize is sponsored by the PDBe.
Past winners are:
- 2022 S. Inaba-Inoue, Imperial College. Molecular mechanism of antimicrobial peptide transporter SbmA.
- 2019 A. Cowan, Melbourne. The first crystal structures of BAK in complex with lipid offer novel insights into oligomerisation and membrane permeabilisation.
- 2018 E.A. Blackburn, Edinburgh. The long way round - Swapping species and ligands to initiate crystallisation of new protein:macrocycle complexes.
- 2017 A. A. Bin Abd Aziz, Sheffield. Structural studies on deamidase toxins.
- 2016 J. Wilson, Sheffield. Structural and functional studies into the tripartite pore forming toxin AHL from pathogenic Aeromonas hydrophila.
- 2015 G. Mercaldi, Sao Paolo. Glucose-6-phosphate Dehydrogenase: Where are uncompetitive inhibitors are binding?