BSG Early Career Prize
The BSG will award a prize to someone who has had an impact in the field of Structural Biology (with an emphasis on crystallography) and recently obtained a personal fellowship, a lectureship or equivalent. The award is presented at the BCA Spring Meeting and the recipient gives a prize lecture at that meeting. Please send nominations at any time to the BSG Secretary.
Past recipients of the BSG ECR are:
- 2017 Dr Atlanta Cook, Edinburgh.
- 2016 Dr Matt Gold, UCL.
- 2015 Dr Simon Newstead, Oxford.
- 2014 Dr Simon Kolstoe, Portsmouth.
BSG David Blow Poster Prize
The prize is awarded annually to the best poster presented at the BCA Spring Meeting. The trophy comprises a piece of Blue John crystal mounted on an oak plinth, both items being donated by Peter Harrison, the owner of the Treak Cliff Cavern at Castletown. Full details of the prize and it's history can be found here. The poster prize is sponsored by the PDBe.
Past winners are:
- 2017 A. A. Bin Abd Aziz, Sheffield. Structural studies on deamidase toxins.
- 2016 J. Wilson, Sheffield. Structural and functional studies into the tripartite pore forming toxin AHL from pathogenic Aeromonas hydrophila.